Monday, October 5, 2020

The Magic to Keep Moving Forward!


Finally, we come to the end of Bokumaho volume 4 with chapter 24. And just in time, because volume 5 comes out on October 16, so this series will once again be continuing shortly.

But of course, this is also a very special day in Hachimitsu Scans's history, because it was exactly 10 years ago that I released the very first release of this scanlation project, Past Future chapter 1. At the time, I was merely trying to give readers like myself who are interested in gender bender-related manga a chance to read more manga from that genre that, at least at the time, was largely sidelined by most groups, and there were really almost no groups who released more than one or two series from that genre, with the exception of Wow!scans that had preceded the creation of this group by a few months, and who I worked with on a few series in the early days.

Since then, I have been privileged to work on some of the best gender bender, cross-dressing, and LGBT-related manga that I have ever read, and even if opinions vary on what makes one series better than another, each and every series I ever worked on I thought was well worth my time and effort to scanlate so as to provide it to a wider audience. Especially in this era now when this type of manga seems to be more prevalent, or at least more accepted by other groups who are willing to work on them, never has there been a better time to be a fan of this sort of niche interest in manga, and I'm glad that I played at least one small part of that.

But it hasn't always been unicorns and rainbows, as much as I would have preferred that at the time. Looking back on it, there are many things that I would have done differently, but that I had to learn the hard way because I'm generally stubborn and like to do things my own way. I will be the first one to admit that my scanlations aren't perfect, and they are in the end a hobby that I have somehow managed to continue for the past 10 years, with most of that time being spent working on at least one chapter from any of the dozens of series and one-shots I've worked on from any of the hundreds of authors I've translated from.

From the longest series I ever worked on like Usotsuki Lily at 18 volumes, and Kuragehime and the Josou Shounen anthologies both at 17 volumes, and also Moyashimon at 13 volumes, to some of the smallest 1 volume series like Hanayome wa Motodanshi, Shounen Princess, and Seito Kaichou desu ga Josou Hajimemashita, I enjoyed struggling through each and every one of them, because I know that there was at least one other person who appreciated them as much as I did, and that, at the end of the day, is the one and only payoff for a scanlator. It's truly a thankless hobby that costs massive time, effort, and money, but it was all worth it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So if you liked at least one of the series I scanlated, then I did my part to show you a story that was a little off the beaten path from mainstream manga that gets all the attention and *ahem* anime adaptations. Thanks for taking the time to check out some of those series, and hopefully you'll enjoy my future releases for as long as I am able to continue to do so.

Bokura wa Mahou Shounen ch. 24: Mediafire, Drive

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for the effort you've put in all these years. I've been a follower of your work since the start, if not on the financial side theb at least on the reading side. As a transgirl myself, it was the mangas that you translated that made it clearer to see who i truly am, and continue to this day gave me insights into the life of my follow lgbt members. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I also want to thank you so much for all your hard work over the past ten years on Hachimitsu Scans~ It's meant so much to me. You've exposed me to and translated some of what I feel are my absolute favorite series. It's always been so hard to find good gender bender manga. You've really opened up another world for me. Your work is also so clean, clear, and your translations feel very natural. I appreciate what you've done so much, my words just can't express my feelings for it. Thank you so much again~ Congratulations on your ten year anniversary!
    (' u ')/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Ten Year Anniversary!! I don't remember when I discovered Hachimitsu scnas, but it's definitely been a handful of years. 😱 I think awhile back, I commented that I had only regularly check two or three scanlation groups for updates (because manga updates sometimes has a delay). Now, it's down to just Hachimitsu scans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been visiting this site ever since.. but I hardly notice 10 years just gone.
    Happy Anniversary! I wish for your and other members good health for both mind and body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little gift for your tin anniversary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! 10 years already! It's really been a lot!

    Thank you so much for all the hard work! It's been a blast to read through so many of your releases through many different series! ^^)/

    As for the chapter... Mmmmm, things are looking a bit too good... I think it would be nice for a change if those things were actually as good as they seemed, but it seems iffy... I wish Kaito would have at least consulted with Makoto in advance before using the bracelet.

    Looking forward to the next one, thanks for the chapter as always~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for the next volume in the near future, Hachimitsu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work and effort dedicated to Hachimitsu Scans is greatly appreciated.
    Especially the different titles you have worked on.
    Hopefully one day you can continue this manga especially because it's finished publishing.

    ReplyDelete